The Ark is a praying community of Christians, reaching people and growing deeper for Jesus.
We are a small church, serious about the Triune God – The Father, Jesus and The Holy Spirit – One God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity.
Since we believe that we are living in the End Times, we also recognize that 2 Thessalonians 2 tells us that means that the church is becoming or is apostate. This means that much of the teachings, beliefs and behaviors of the church today, especially in America, does not match what we see in the Book of Acts, the Early Church or even the Early Reformation Church when the Word of God was reinstated as the foundation of the Christian faith.
So our desire is to be different than the (Apostate) churches today and more like the (true Christianity) churches of earlier days. Towards that end:
- We don’t have one-hour services. Our services go as long as the Holy Spirit moves in the Word (Message), Prayer and Fellowship. Hence our typical service lasts between 2-3 hours.
- We don’t try to bring in crowds. We are not a business trying to get as many customers as we can. If people show up, we are hospitable, caring and loving, but we are not going to go against the Word of God to be something to all people. We want to be able to be all things to some people.
- Therefore, we are small. We will never be a mega-church. We will never be a crowd of people. We don’t have a big organizational staff. We don’t have multiple pastors. The pastor will always know your name (and your situation) and so will the others in the church. You will not be able to hide. That also means that you will always be held accountable, you will always have a family that knows and loves you and you will always be able to go to someone, including the pastor, whenever you need help or guidance in your life.
- We preach the Truth of the Bible without apology. Many people have come in to our service and left when they didn’t have a “feel-good” emotion during the service. The Word of God is used to teach but also to reprove, correct and train up and the Holy Spirit comes in to convict of sin. None of that seems very “feel-good” to the world. If you are looking to feel good, we might not be a good fit. If you are looking for truth and correction, we might be a fresh change from what you’ve experienced out there.
- We recognize that the Great Commission is not just “Go therefore into all the world making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”. If this was truly the full Great Commission, then the practice of “sinner’s prayers” and “altar calls” would be effective. But the Great Commission also includes, “teaching them to obey all that I commanded you.” This means that fulfillment of the Great Commission includes teaching people to be holy as He is Holy and to grow in Sanctification (the process of becoming more like Jesus). Hence, many people leave and never come back because they liked their sinner’s prayer and altar call but they aren’t too crazy about becoming holy.
Sounds extreme? It is! But that is what the Church is supposed to be! The Church was never called to be like the world or be liked by the world. She was called to stand apart from the world and change the world.
If you are looking to be part of something a bit different, come check us out. We won’t bite. And if we’re not for you, we won’t be chasing you down asking you to come back. We know we’re not for everyone. On the other hand, if you have been searching for something different (real church), then you might have found what you are looking for.
In Jesus Name…God Bless…